Thank you for your interest in participating in The Intern Project (TIP)! TIP provides outstanding high school students from schools across LA County the chance to work in dynamic career areas through internships of four or more weeks during their summer break. For summer 2017, we have collaborated with LAUSD leadership, worked in partnership with the Linked Learning initiative, and built unique partnerships with high profile businesses to create this unique experience for students like you!
The Intern Project 2017 Application is now closed. Scroll below to view our Timeline.
The TIP Intern
Carefully selected LA County students will work with leading businesses in fields they are passionate about including healthcare, film production, new media and digital design, finance, interior design, and engineering. Students gain experience that make them more competitive in today’s academic and job markets:
- Real world application of skills and classroom learning
- Understanding of technical concepts
- Increased exposure to cutting edge technology
- Soft skills, like professionalism, tenacity, communication, and confidence
For consideration, applicants must be:
- A high school student in LA County, at least 16 years of age, in good academic standing (3.0 GPA and above); preference will be given to high school Juniors going into their Senior year.
- Available to work for a minimum of 4 weeks (full-time or part-time) during the summer
- Knowledge and use of social media, and, above all, have a passion to work in one of the identified fields: (1) Arts, Media, & Entertainment, (2) Energy, Environment, & Utilities, (3) Health Science & Medical Technology (4) Government, Philanthropy, & Social Impact
Application & Timeline
The application opens on January 2018 and closes on February 2018.
March – April: Applications are reviewed and interns are selected
May – June: Interns are matched with businesses
June – August: Orientation, internships, ongoing coaching, professional development events and activities
For any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to learn more or have any questions about The Intern Project, email us at email@example.com.
Additional internship and mentorship opportunities can be found here.